Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,,,

Fished Erie today with Shortdrift. We Launched Shortdrifts boat out of the 72nd street ramp at Cleveland. The Baitshop Guys said to head out NE to 43 feet of water. When we got There, we found very little on the fish Locator, We moved around and found a few perch marks at 48 Feet of water. The Lake was really rolling (2 to 4's) and made it really tough to fish.
Ron and I managed to put over 50 Perch in the box and we had several Nice Jumbos. We also caught 12 to 15 Sheephead, A Couple of Big ones,,, And that was a stress on our equipment. We stayed in the that spot until 3:30PM.
Hey Ron, I Had a Great Week-End............!!! Thanks, :) Stan

Our View of Cleveland!!!!
[img]http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/data/500/24Rollers_6-27-04-med.JPG

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Hope the long drive up was worth it Stan. Had a great day sharing the boat, candy bars and crackers with you. :D At least the Perch cooperated better than the walleye. Those farm animals do put up a good fight on light tackle. I was really beat from that constant bouncing plus rocking and rolling with those darn waves. :( I will fish the front lake with my grandson Anthony on Tuesday and he will catch a lot of bass on the leftover shiners. :cool: You will have to come back up here later in the year when the walleye turn on again. :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just finished doing up the Perch. :eek: Boy, They were really cold with all the ice that we used. ;) We did have 60 perch, 58 yellow and 2 white. Biggest was around 14". :D Those jumbos made nice fillets, They will make us several great meals. :) Thanks for the fish. I hope your grandson Anthony has a good day tomorrow, Maybe you can take some pics. Here is one of our Buddie that kept us company!!!!
Thanks Again,,, Stan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts