Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mainly fish the inland lakes in the Northeast for walleye, crappie, and catfish. However I recently bought a new boat and plan on doing some perch fishing around cleveland. I have been perch fishing off of Neff Road in April and done okay. When is the best time to catch some perch in this area?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I did great at THIS time last year out of Vermillion and Avon. As soon as the weather allows it should be good, IMO.
reo

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
I should of also added; the area around Neff rd. (wildwood) usually turns on at 50 degrees. Perch can be caught anywhere at any temp., just seems to be alot better when the water warms a bit.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I should of also added; the area around Neff rd. (wildwood) usually turns on at 50 degrees. Perch can be caught anywhere at any temp., just seems to be alot better when the water warms a bit.
fishingguy

I did not mean to take away or dis-credit your post in any way, sorry if it came across like that. I was just attempting to point out that outstanding catches can be had much sooner than when water temps hit the 50 deg. mark. I have found that pre-spawn perching can very often be better than the fall "prime times" all along the lake shore. Again no offense meant, and get out sooner if you can and give it a shot!

reo

·
Registered
965 Posts
We usually do very good this time of year out of neff/wildwood area. Like said before a few more degrees will def. help the matter. We also hook up with very nice size fish the first couple times out in that area... Good Luck

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the posts. Basically you have told me that when the weather permits it can turn on at any time now. I look forward to giving it a shot. As for large perch this time of year we caught some 14-14 3/4 inchers last year and it was great. I just never chartered my own boat. Never caught good numbers but I will take size too! Again, I appreciate the responses. GOT ONE, I have a business in Chagrin Falls and live in Aurora. If you ever want to hook up and do some fishing let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts