Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I:M not much on perch fishing but this yr I:M gonna give it a try . is there a ramp at connuat that can handle a 22ft lund ?? and a good bait shop . ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
yes there is . go north on rt 11 were it ends make a rite and go to the fist left , i cant remember the name of the park .but there is a public boat ramp and bait shop . i dont know about spring perch but in the fall it is great just out past the breakwall . ther will be a gang of boats .

jim:G

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Jim if you have never used the conneaut launch I would suggest going with someone who has. I have seen several trailers loose axles, me included, on their POS ramps. If you want to go this spring let me know my boat or yours no matter, it is by far the best perch fishing in Ohio. It pays to know the baitstore guys up there. They are always out of minnows unless you know them. I always tip them a few dollars when they clean my perch so they remember me on the next trip always seems to help.

Scott

·
Registered
439 Posts
I:M not much on perch fishing but this yr I:M gonna give it a try . is there a ramp at connuat that can handle a 22ft lund ?? and a good bait shop . ?
Haven't launched at Conneaut for a couple years but I assume this info is still correct. Have a 23'. Had no problem. There is a single and double ramp. Use the single. Don't use the one on the side. It is for smaller boats. It cost $5 for in/out then but don't know about now. There is a bait shop at the top of the hill. Snug Harbour? Good place, good people. Just ask for Jack. He'll tell you where the perch are as well as give you the daily lake report. When you return they have a place that will clean your catch in the back.
Here is a link to their webcams. Cam 2 is the launch so you can watch what size boats are being launched.
http://72.2.79.246/# then click on Login (bottom center)

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,026 Posts
i launched out of conny at least 10 times last season and never had or saw any problems with the ramps. clean bathrooms and lots of parking. you will have no problems. you can even get some ice cream over by the fuel island:) there is a side ramp that i never used, maybe that's the one people have problems with???

·
Registered
782 Posts
Conneaut has very nice ramps & facilities as has been
said the ramp on the side is for smaller boats. There
are two bait shops Snug Harbor & Kightlingers up the
street. Watch the docks at the ramps sometimes they
don't put inthe second set of floats. Also early in the
spring watch the channel going out.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
yes there is . go north on rt 11 were it ends make a rite and go to the fist left , i cant remember the name of the park .but there is a public boat ramp and bait shop . i dont know about spring perch but in the fall it is great just out past the breakwall . ther will be a gang of boats .

Jim, I think the directions you are referring to are actually to the Ashtabula Lakeshore Park. Conny is about 15-20 more miles East off of Rt 90 @ the Rt 7 exit. Conneaut is is fairly easy area to Launch out of. And the bait shop on the hill is a down to earth shop. I have caught less perch from Conny but they were huge compared to the perch I have caught from Ashtabula.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have never been to Conneaut either. I was thinking about targeting smallmouth bass there this spring. Any advise about the peak time of year? I was thinking about the third week of May. Any advise about where to try and what to use?

By the way, nice link to the marina!

Thanks for the great info on the ramps.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There is also a ramp on Conneaut Creek on the east side of
the creek it is for small boats. It is free, but I don't think I
would leave my truck & trailer there. Used mostly by steelheaders
fishing the creek.

·
Registered
338 Posts
toxic is rite man i was giving you the ashdabula directions so sorry .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts