Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out yesterday afternoon/evening for impromptu perch trip. Fished from 5 pm until 7:eek:o pm and pulled a 2 man limit. We were throwing away almost everything under 10 inches. Kept the ones that didn't have a chance. Funny thing, quite a few boats in the vicinity were not catching, including cousin's boat which was about 20 yards from us. My father-in-law caught 9 triple headers and countless doubles. He was like a 10 year old, and all in all made the trip even more memorable for me. Maiden voyage on his new boat, limit of perch, beaustiful afternoon!

About 7 miles out. Depth unsure as the the sonar malfunctioned. Guessing about 60 fow, though. We were NE of the big pack of boats, closer to PA border. Fish were all on the bottom. Used frozen minnows, no fresh bait at all. Probably caught 120 fish, easily, keeping only big ones for late summer fish fry.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From
http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/fishing_general.aspx

Just for clarification

FISHING LINES- Anglers may not use more than two fishing lines, whether fastened to a pole, a rod and reel, or hand held. Anglers may use up to three hooks on each line, except as provided in the Ohio Administrative Code.

We usually use a crappie rig and attach extra hook of the sinker on the bottom.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We were in the same pack at about the same time. We were on the west end. 2 man limit in about 3-1/2 hrs. We were in 58 fow about 6 miles out. North out of the harbor about 5 degrees east. My friend was using spreaders and I was using a crappie rig. I caught about 2 to his 1. We also noticed we were able to feel the fish better when we made the rigs a little heavier than normal.
We also saw a lot of boats moving around like they weren't catching anything.
Had the fish cleaned at Snug Harbor and Sheradons for a cocktail and diner.
It don't get any better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts