Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to gauge interest and potential for a side job this summer. Would people pay a college student to clean their fish after a long day on the lake? I have grown up boating and fishing on Lake Erie out of Cleveland and am not aware of fish cleaning (other than the charter boats) closer than Lorain/Vermilion area. I figure that so many people fish the central basin, especially on weekends, that there would be some demand from anglers not wanting to deal with their catch. What I am thinking is I would have people drop off cooler at house in suburbs and let me have at it. I am thinking I can charge about $0.50/fish and clean 50 perch per hour (just me doing everything). I thought that setting up a table near the launch ramps or Edgewater might work but I have a feeling the park officials and officers would have a problem with that. Do you guys think you/ your friends/ other anglers would come to me?

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
You will have to talk to the state to I think for limit legality of possession. Not to mention the carcasses. Out here in Fairport they get three dollars an eye and 1.5 per pound of perch if I remember correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts