Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I fish therefore I am!!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any reports of perch being caught around the lakeside marblehead area headin up tomorrow afternoon hopin to get on a school or two.. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I perched last Monday right in front of the marblehead lighthuse in 27 FOW. Picked thru the white perch about 2-1 to get 16 yellows before the boat traffic from Sandusky to the islands made fishing impossible at about 12:30. I think I could have picked a couple of tickets had the traffic not been so bad. People around there are something else- we must have been buzzed less than 50' away by 3 or 4 different boats while at anchor. :mad:

·
Registered
841 Posts
The worst thing about that area is the "bounce back" after boat chop hits the rocks! First, you get it from the direct hit as they pass by and then the reflected wave energy from the other direction after a few minutes off the rocks. With a tub thru there every several minutes, it never settles down on weekends. Try that area in the early spring or thru the week and it is a different fishery. We usually move out a mile or so and that lessens the problem.

·
430 Posts
Yea we was out there in that pack of boats Monday as well we ended up getting our three man limit and tossed back a bunch of small perch. But some of those guys were pretty inconsiderate flying through the pack of boats fishing it was a rough afternoon and was a tough bite to pick up on

From my Evo :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would suggest trying south side of Kelly's just west of the ferry lines in 27' of water. Fished there Tuesday and Wednesday and picked 6 man limits of perch in about 3 hours. 48 lbs and 46 lbs

·
Frinks Run Taxidermy
141 Posts
prolly doesn't help you but we fished SE of Kelly's in 36 FOW today (Sunday) and got 15...then moved west of the ferry lines like thew other fella said in 27 FOW and got another 10. Not a very good day...slow...boat traffic... big fish was a measely 11".

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If you have electronics use them and just don't run to where the boats are. We pulled 35 today and we weren't very far out. Watch for the marks and drop anchor. We never moved till we left. Quit biting around 12:30. One monster cat a few sheep, small white bass and some white perch. Weighed in 9lbs two smaller and three around eleven. Caught them on rigs and spreaders they liked the head best.

·
I fish therefore I am!!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry for the late post saturday we stayed well west of the pack and found our own school i hate fishing in the packs if it can be avoided, anyway we ended up with a late start around 1130 the fishing was slow plenty of farm animals to go around. we did manage a two tickets with the average around 8" and the biggest being around 11". the real kicker was the 5.6 lb walleye my friend caught all in all a great opener for me on the big pond. btw at the fish house we had 16 lbs of perch and the walleye. almost forgot just off the sw corner of kelly's in 30 fow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts