Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:B Went out of catawaba at 12:30 to fish at the green can buoy jus off the dock. caught 60 perch in jus over an hr. there on spreaders. Then took the boat out west of rattlesnake and trolled with bb's and picked up 12 walleye in a couple hrs. it was 1 of the best days ever!!!! and one of the weirdest things... a walleye still had eggs a bunch 2!! what was wrong with this fish... anybody no? :confused:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Congrats on the fishes. Maybe a late bloomer, still carrying eggs? Maybe separation anxiety? Co dependant? Sounds fishy to me!

Huntinbull

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
:B Went out of catawaba at 12:30 to fish at the green can buoy jus off the dock. caught 60 perch in jus over an hr. there on spreaders. Then took the boat out west of rattlesnake and trolled with bb's and picked up 12 walleye in a couple hrs. it was 1 of the best days ever!!!! and one of the weirdest things... a walleye still had eggs a bunch 2!! what was wrong with this fish... anybody no? :confused:
Congrats on the great day ! The eye with eggs still in it is not late, she just could not pass the eggs. I caught one a couple years ago like that and questioned the folks over at Seagrant concerning the one I had caught. They said some females just don't pass there eggs for a number of reasons but it will not kill the fish, the body reabsorbs them. Any way just thought I would let you know what I was told regarding the fish that I caugh.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Now thats the kind of double dipping we can get into! nice goin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts