close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

people getting sick at put in bay southbass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I think most have heard about this was just watching channel 10 news they believe the problem may be ecoli and the water. The are testing the drinking water at 3 state labs and are recommending that anyone visiting or there drink bottled water over 900 people have gotten sick is what they said.

2. Gee --- I was out on Put-in-Bay that weekend. I don't drink beer, drank a lot of water. Think I better call and say I got sick, might be some $$ in it for me.

I'm thinkin mabe a few folks got sick, for some reason or other. Everyone looking for the free $$$ ------B/S

3. catking

catking Banned

Reports have it that it's salmonella poisoning. Over 900 affected, that's a major problem. They gotta find where it is coming from. CATKING :)

4. Dingo

Dingo

Salmonella? I would have guessed tequila! But 900 seems a tad high for that.

5. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

I thought there were only steelhead in Lake Erie!

6. That happens to me everytime i go to the island. But its nothing in the water, i think its the amount of beverages consumed! :D :cool:

7. I heard on the radio they are blaming it on a sewage leak. Yummy.

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Oh CRAP!!(pun intended) I don't feel so well today either...

flash-------------------------out

9. If you ever fish with Fishermans Wharf, or Sassy Sal there is a sign right there on the seawall. It says in a flood raw sewage could be dischared into the lake. Thats not word for word, just what i can remember! :eek: