close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pennsylvania Shanty Rules??

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Hoss5355, Feb 18, 2005.

1. I'm pondering whether or not to make the trek up to Presque Isle this weekend, and was just wondering if there is anything different about the PA rules. I looked at DOW website and saw the laws for limits of fish, but I didn't see anything about ice shanties. Do you need anything on the outside other than the name, address, and phone number?? Do licenses need to be displayed outside of the shanty, or just be on you? I was just curious. If I can find a buddy that is willing to head up, I will probably fish all day saturday. I haven't got to play with my new toys too much this year. I'd like to use the aqua-vu in some clearer water, just to see what she can do. Also, how far do most of you fish off the road? Not that dragging a shanty is a problem, but I may try to borrow a buddies that is a bit smaller than mine if we have to drag it a half of mile. Thanks in advance...

Kevin

2. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Kevin,

I won't be able to make it this weekend but I did fish it several times last year.

many of the better fishing locations are within a couple hundred yards from any of the 4 parking lots in the park. However the are plenty of long walks avaialable to anyone that wants to, or feels the need to make them. Most walks will be bewteen 200 and 500 yds.

You will really enjoy the use of your Aquaview at Presque. Very clear water and tons of fish to play with.

Good luck