close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pelican bass raider QUESTION

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by ptlmbutler, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Hey guys, I was interested in buying one of those Pelican Bass Raider 10 ft plastic pontoon style boats with swivel seats that DICKS & Gander Mountain sells for about $500. They are made so you can put them right into the back of a pickup truck. I was thinking about using an Endura 30 trolling motor with it. I heard that these boats are very stable on the water but I wanted to get some opinions on this from some guys with experience. I wanted to use it at smaller lakes such as Guilford, etc. I was even thinking about trying it at Mosquito but I am not sure how it would do there. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated! THANKS.

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I used one for a few years on small lakes. The problem was in the wind the rear end wanted to swing around all the time. Or if you were by yourself in the front the rear end would swing around. I ran trolling motors front and rear. The rear one acted like a rudder and helped the boat track straight. Or you could just rig up a rear rudder. They are stable. Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

great little boats. you would have a rough day on squito unless you only fished the no wake side(north) the wakes on the south side would definately be tricky and dangerous. my buddy used mine 1 day for duck hunting on aquilla,it rained cats and dogs and the boat itself filled up w/ water. he had to go ashore and turn it over to empty it out. a bilge pump would be nice to have.

4. my grandpa used to have one and it was great on electric only lakes

5. earl

earl

I have one for sale if interested..`$350