Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was fishing east side pelee yesterday evening when an Ontario police boat pulled up.They asked about fish caught and wanted to see our liscences.We showed them our nonresidence tags without incidence. The officer noticed my soda with a styrafoam huggy around it.He asked if that was a beer and i showed him it was a soda.He asked me to hand it to him and he smelled to make sure had no alcohol in it.He asked if we had any alcohol on board and i told him we did not and i asked if it was illegal to carry any alcohol on board.He said it was illegal to have any alcohol on board unless we had a kitchen and head on the boat.Just wanted to post so if anyone was crossing the line and didn't want any fine.Not even sure what the consequences would have been if that was a beer.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Canada
Alcohol and Boating
Driving Under the Influence

Boating while impaired is an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada.

Operators with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood are liable to the following fines:

•1st offence : at least $600 fine
•2nd offence : at least 14 days of imprisonment
•3rd offence : at least 90 days of imprisonment
The maximum sentence may vary depending on provincial statutes.

Consumption of Alcohol

In most provinces:
Alcohol may be consumed on board the pleasure craft only if it meets all of the following conditions:

•The vessel has permanent sleeping facilities
•The vessel has permanent cooking facilities
•The vessel has a permanent toilet
•The vessel is anchored or secured alongside a dock
Check with the appropriate provincial authorities (OPP for Ontario, SQ for Quebec, RCMP for all other provinces and territories) for carriage restrictions

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,472 Posts
Nothing new there ! Those RCMP Came from Lemigton more than likely.

But yes that is their laws. They do come out from time to time to make all aware what their Laws are !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.