Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Pelee with Captnroger, Stretch, and Chief (Stretch's Dad) yesterday. Only boated 2 smallies the entire day, the rest of the day was spent watching Stretch the Sheep Master show us his herding skills. We wanted to fish the west side of the island, but the lake was rolling to hard and forced us east. Not nearly as many boats around the island as I had expected.

Tried for eyes for an hour or so with "the pack", never even got a sniff. Fish on the graph EVERYWHERE and everyone on the radio was having the same lack of luck from what we heard.

Although the lake was kicking pretty good, Roger's boat handled it like a champ. Saw a good amount of bassboats around the islands getting thrown around real good by the waves. Rough day to be in a bassboat on the big lake, hope everyone made it back in one piece!

Even though we didn't slay em, we still had a great time. Thanks Roger!

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Some guys (RR Crossing) know how to drink, others now how to fish. When I meet you 4 guys (Cheif, Stretch, Shakedown, Captnroger) for dinner in Pt. Clinton Friday night it was pretty evident who the fisherman of the group was. This picture just confirms it :D

Who earned to sheephead king title?

Nice fish Cheif.

Kim

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
As Shake said, it was a rough day. 1-3 footers my butt! Gotta love those forecasts. We fished where we could, caught what we could. Better luck next time. If any of you want a trophy sheepie charter, check my signature! ;)

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Stretch was king of the lambs.

And just to pee on your parade Lundy.....

·
Banned
556 Posts
When we went on our charter in april the guide was telling us he has a family that comes from kentucky for a sheep head charter. Man they can put up a good fight but why would you waste your money on those fish???

By the way nice smallies!

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll say this much...those sheepies can fight...I'd be lying if I said they weren't a blast to catch. That would be the easiest gig on the lake...sheephead chartering!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I still say it beats catching nothing!

·
Banned
556 Posts
It does beat catching nothin, and god knows Erie can do that to the best of em! :rolleyes: I hate driving up there and getting skunked, about as much as i hate smallie fishing and wasting my softcraws on those farm animals :rolleyes: Some say there good eating, but they rank up with carp in my book, fun to catch, and easier to release!

·
Wishin I was fishin
1,063 Posts
It was a good time even though the smallies did not cooperate for us. Those sheapheads are alot of fun on light tackle to say the least. Thanks for the trip Roger......Stretch

Hey Lundy, you have to grab a drink whenever you get a chance ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our trip to pelee went sat aft thru thru mon evening and was pretty good overall.We found fish in the south bay sunday morning along with a half dozen charters and we all spent a lot of time vyiing for positions around the weed beds in 10' of water. Saw many fish caught and caught about fifteen ourselves before it ended at about 2pm. Left there and tried mill point and chickenolee but only managed those farm animals out there. Went back to south bay toward evening again and fished it by ourselves for about 2 hrs. and found a half dozen more willing to take my pink with blue flake tube that got much ridicule as I tied it on, by the time we were done the two other guys had those pink ladies tied on and they wern't laughin anymore. Monday morning went back to the south bay to start, but they were gone. Moved to the east side to get out of the wind and found some fish in 14' just short of the midpoint of the island. That depth was key and also held many of those farm animals but we probably boated close to 30 fish in that area and had many follows as well. all in all apretty good trip. ollie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts