close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pc problems

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by CPTN.CROWN, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Ive got this tool bar that comes up every time I open my browser. LOP.COM My spyware program detects it and removes it every time i run the program. But it doesent delete it. I open IE right after i run spyware and its still there. Is there anything I can buy to get rid of this crap?

THanks

Jason

2. I suggest doing a google search for "lop.com removal". I did and found a ton of links to info about it. The first few I looked at referred to using adware software to remove it. Perhaps if the adware software you are using is not fully removing it, try another one. I usually always run Ad-Aware and SpyBot at least. There are others out there but as far as free they seem to do pretty well "usually".

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Try running your scanners in safe mode. That can make a world of a diff.

4. OhioCatman

OhioCatman "Rip some lip!"

A firewall like Zone Alarm will do the trick to keep from getting it again when you get rid of it. Use a program like East-Tec (maybe Eas-Tec) Eraser to get rid of wherever it has embedded itself. An eraser program will remove it from everything including your registry.

5. Most of these annoying pop-ups and spyware are designed to infect or work with internet explorer. I use firefox and never have to contend with these problems. Best of all it is FREE. Go to www.download.com go to internet and then to browser. Look for firefox 1.0. down load and install. On intial setup when it asks to import favorites say yes. I work on and build computers and can honestly say this is one nice program. I prefer it to microsoft IE because it is faster and since 95 % of us use internet explorer because it comes with the windows operating system. 99.9 % of the spyware, popups , and viruses are designed to work with Internet Explorer. On startup of firefox it willask you do you want firefox to be your default browser. Answer no until you decide wether you like it or not. hope this helps you.

6. I will second what Papaperch says. I also use Firefox now and it is very stable and eliminates popups as well as minimizing spyware risks. I have only found arare occasion where a site does not behave quite properly with Firefox. When that happens I just open Internet Explorer briefly to use that site then go back to Firefox.

I hope this helps.