close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Anybody been out there? was out there 2day and it was packed didnt fish but some guy took out a NICE smallie(illegal) and a few perch and a cat. A bunch of others had quite a few WB but it looked like they were fishin there all day. We used 2 go out there 4 WB but now walleye and perchin is better. (looked good)-would go tomorrow but la su an is where we r goin :B bluegill and bass! :G

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

I was out there sunday night messin' around. Fished maybe a bit over an hour. Started with a small eater channel cat and then caught some drum and gobies. One of the drum was a FO though, so that was kinda cool. I did walk the pier and saw some white perch and channels in some baskets. On the very end of the pier some kids had a nice stringer of yellow perch. Overall, I'd say the pier is fishing pretty typical right now.

As far as bass, not uncommon at all to see some largemouth and smallies taken... and unfortunately I do mean taken. More than once I've reminded folks of the min size requirement as well as the date when you can posess them.

Here's a pic of my drum - once again, pretty common...
    http://coolwaterfish.blogspot.com/

3. CoolWater

No bites off the dock so back to the pier I went last night. I don't recommend going down there - Mayflys everywhere. Not only was the bite kinda slower for the pier but also every 2 seconds one is landing on you. My car and gear were covered... quite annoying

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

sounds like a few mayflys were hatchin... thats a bad sign 4 the fishin :-(

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

When we got there 4 ppl were down there all together(including us 2) started out a lil from the point wit a chugger and 2 white twisters. no bites... :(
    moved out to the side away from the channel - got one on my first cast and that would be the last! it turned into to crazyness with ppl casting over me and my dads backs... a few more fish were caught but it was quite slow.
    y do ppl go so crazy over a few small WB...:confused:

6. CoolWater

That place is notorious for attracting 'keep anything caught' type fisherman, so if it's a WB regardless of size it will get people's attention. I often see people keep just about anything regardless of size or regulation over at the pier. Pretty pathetic. I mean if the person needs the fish for food, no problem, keep anything thats legal - but even those folks should abide by the regs/laws.

I usually do say something - sometimes the person just doesn't know the regs, other times they just ignore when you make a comment. I will say I was happy to see the ODNR out on the Metzger Marsh Pier the other day checking stringers and for licenses.