close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paying cash for these lures

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Orlando, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

I am looking for these old Jitterbugs. These have plastic lips but am interested in metal ones in unique colors. Not a dealer just a lover of old lures. Let me know what you have or send pics. Thanks
    http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/orlando/lurers3.jpg

2. ARGEE

ARGEE

0   0   0

I Have Some Old Lures I Bought Off Tv Yrs Ago..not Sure What I Have.im Still Here N The Hospital But Leaving Soon.all I Remember Is There Was A Fisherman Who Went By Gadabout Gaddis,,anyone Remember Him?must Been In The 1960 Era..

3. Oldfox1939

Oldfox1939

0   0   0

Gadabout Gaddis was one of the first TV Fishing shows.

He was on every Sunday Night during the 60's, flew a small plane into remote areas and showed how to catch various species.

Was a pretty good show for the time.

4. ARGEE

ARGEE

0   0   0

Great Memory There...most Things I Dont Remember But I Do That...

5. CPTN.CROWN

CPTN.CROWN

0   0   0

I sold 2 dozen like that at my moms garage sale for 40.00 no wonder the guy was so dam happy

6. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

$40.00 ? Man you are killing me!

7. how old r these lures that u r looking for my dad has some

8. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

The ones with the plastic lips were made in the 40's. During the war there was a metal shortage so they made the lips out of plastic for a few years. Most of the bodies were plastic but a few were wood. The lures action wasn't all that great so they went back to metal after the war. In the 80's they tried plastic lips again (all clear plastic lips) again only for a few years. These aren't that collectable,$10.00 -$15.00 I'm interested in any jitterbugs(metal or plastic lips) if they are the right colors and made before 1970. Thanks

9. Pete Moss

Pete Moss

0   0   0

Orlando, I think I have two Jitterbugs and a Hula Popper that I bought in or around 1956. I will go thru my tackle boxes in the next couple days to see if they are still there. I think I also have a Injured minnow by Heddon, made of wood that I got at the same time. I will let you know. I have some other lures that come from the same era.

10. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to see your lures. I'm also interested in any old reels or rods you may have. Thanks, Orlando