close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pay Lakes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marinescco, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Anyone know anything about pay lakes? We are headed to Wilson Run this weekend, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about pay lakes. Are they fun? Or does it take the fun out of fishing?

2. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

Pay Lakes Can Be Fun If You Find The Right Ones. Most Are Better At Night And Are More For Catching Big Cats. Some Stock Channels Also.

3. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

I fished a Pay Lake once. If you like crowded banks and catching worn out over-caught fish that couldn't put up a good fight if they tried to, then I can recommend a good pay lake. Myself, I don't see the point in paying to catch fish in those conditions. I saw a guy pull in a 50-60# flathead once that found like a turtle. The fish had been caught and released so many times that it knew the routine and just went along with the game.

I would be happy to take your money and let you come along with me.

4. Thanks for the info. My gf wants to go, so I think we are going. I don't want to go if the fish are so willing to be caught. I had a fear that it would take the sport out of it. But I guess I won't know until I try it. Thanks again for the info.:(

5. I just typed up a big long responce to this post and then decided that this subject has been run into the ground on this site and deleted it. I'll just keep to myself.

I wouldn't waste my money partner, take your gf to a local lake, there are plenty of cats to be had everywhere, and they'll fight like there suppose to. It's more fun that way!!

6. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Before anyone gets too crazy, let's remember this is a relatively new member!!!

Marinescco,

Use the search feature on this site and look for paylake information. This is a hugely controversial topic that sits right up there with whether or not to throw a bass in the deep frier. You will find that OGF definitely has its spirited debates and I wanted to give you fair warning!

Welcome to the site!

7. I wasn't trying to stir things up. I have been fishing all my life and just haven't heard of pay lakes untill about 3 months ago. I have been debating whether to go or not because I didn't know much about them. I figured it wouldn't be as much fun but just wanted to get other people's input. Once again I am sorry and didn't mean to get off to a bad start. Hopefully I can redeem myself in some way.:confused:

8. Great advice Cheezemm2!!! I don't think this new guy was intending on starting a debate over the paylakes. Just search using the link on the control bar and enter paylake. You should find plenty of information...even some of it will list some places.;)

9. I was not starting anything either, I said I'll keep to myself. I have no problem with anyone who wants to fish a paylake, I've done it myself in the past, it's just not my thing anymore.

Welcome to the site by the way, the best fishin / huntin site in the state, heck it might be the best on the net. Lots of great guys and info here.