Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have also been looking for a place to take my son ( has patiance like his mother) but haven't found anything East of Akron. I have found 2 on the west side but can not offer any info at this time Bass Lakes & Rohr's Lake

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bass Lakes is a good place. Its 9.00 for adults and 4.50 for kids under 12 I think. We went last weekend and caught 8 catfish one was about 4,5 pounds. Its on Moine road in Doylestown.!$

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a small one SE of Hartville on State Street. Its between route 44 and 43 across the street from a Trap Shooting Club. Never Fished it, and they are only open on weekends.

·
fishn and flyn
517 Posts
Mulligan Springs golf course had a sign up last year to pay to fish the golf course lakes. I seen a few people sitting along the bank. Don't know how they did. Might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
16,834 Posts
PINE LAKE TROUT CLUB
17021 Chillicothe Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
(440) 543-1331
Not sure they have a daily pass but if you want trout it's the place in NEO to go to.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i would not recommend going to bass lakes, that place was terrible. so many people and you may catch a catfish or 2, and some 3 inch bluegill.. that place should be called catfish ponds. on top of that you get all the damn illegal immigrants there because they cant get a resident fishing license. i wont go back

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
i would not recommend going to bass lakes, that place was terrible. so many people and you may catch a catfish or 2, and some 3 inch bluegill.. that place should be called catfish ponds. on top of that you get all the damn illegal immigrants there because they cant get a resident fishing license. i wont go back
I wasn't impressed with it either, I went one time with a couple guys i worked with and they were really talking the place up. I didn't catch anything and neither did they or anyone else for that matter. I did however see two drunk guys get into a fist fight over a drunk woman, car windows were broken out police were called it was a mess. The only bright spot however was when I decided It was time to go the gentleman who runs the place gave me 5lbs of hot Italian sausage because I didn't catch anything. I told him he didn't have to do that but he insisted. I haven't been back since.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There is a small one SE of Hartville on State Street. Its between route 44 and 43 across the street from a Trap Shooting Club. Never Fished it, and they are only open on weekends.
I wonder what that place is like, it's right down the road from me and drive by it all the time on my way to berlin/walborn/deer creek

if i'm going to pay to fish somewhere it better be effortless! too many great free lakes i can go to and catch fish

·
Registered
300 Posts
the place on state street is effortless, and when i was a kid wasn't to expensive. I know they charge by the pound of fish kept if you decide to keep them.

·
Registered
756 Posts
maybe i'll go there with my son sometime, so he can catch some fish pretty easily. he tends to get bored after awhile if the fish arent biting. and it's only maybe a mile down the road from me. any idea what is in there?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts