close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pawley Island Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by ngski, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Planning a trip to Pawley's Island in a week, just south of Mrytle Beach. Do I even bother bringing any tackle down because of the heat?? Any suggestions ??

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Don't know about the fishing, but if your golfing definately check out
    Pawleys Plantation, Caledonia and True Blue. My top 3 courses is the Myrtle Beach area and they're all within 15 minutes from each other on the island!!

3. Staying at True blue on the 17th hole, still like to find out if it's worth the hassle to fish. Played those courses, next time you go down check out the Tradition also on Pawley's island.

4. I'd like to know also how the fishing is. We go to Litchfield and I'd like to do some fishing as well.
    ski

5. Hey Ski when do you go down to Litchfield, I only posted because the summer heat screws up fishing in the inlets during the day and nights. I have fished at night at Dicks pier at night but had no luck with catching anything in the inlet. I understand in the fall the inlets are great for Red, Spotted trout and other fish that come in during high tide.

6. I've only been to Litchfield once and had a great time. My wife's family ahs been going down there for quite some time, I can see us going down there for our family trip. I have golfed at Caledonia and thought that was the nicest golf course I have ever played.
    As for the fishing, I'm not familiar with any spots at all or any of the poers for that matter. I did see people fishing the backwaters coming off of Litchfield onto the mainland. I also thought I saw fish jumping in the water, but I wasn't sure what it was. We stay at the Litchfield inn, right on the water.
    ski