close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pat Tillman Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Cardinal's safety Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan. Turned down a 3.6 million contract to go fight. Say a prayer for him and his family. He and his brother were serving in the same Army Ranger platoon.

I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about this. I'm posting this as a tribute to an American who made the ultimate sacrifice for what he believed, not as a political statement. Let's not turn it into one.

Carl

2. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

I just heard that. How very sad. :(

3. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

what a great american he is, we can all learn from his unselfishness, my family and me will pray for his. :cool:

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

My heart goes out to his family. He is a TRUE hero in my eyes. No Home-Run race, no last second buzzer beating shot, no walk-off homerun or any sporting event happening to an athlete could ever equal what Pat Tillman has done.

This is the type of person he was. The Rams offered him a 9 million dollar contract, but he turned it down because he wanted to be with the Cardnals since they drafted him and wanted him.

Thank You Pat for all of your sacrifices.

:(

5. catking

catking Banned

If you look at what he believed in and represented as a man, we indeed lost one of the good ones. Sad day indeed. CATKING :(

6. "J"

"J"

A man who could have had a lucrative NFL career, Also was on the Indians farm team for a season, was married, the man had it all, but he felt that he missing out on not serving his Country. After Sept 11 he stated that he wanted to join the Army to serve his Country like his Grandfather had at Pearl Harbor, he felt up to that point he hadn't done anything for his Country. When he enlisted he shunned all the limelight, the press wanted to be at his Enlistment, and around when he went thru boot camp but being the class act that he was he told them NO, he wanted to serve his country not himself. To his wife Marie God Bless and I'm sorry for your loss, but you had one hell of a Husband and we could all learn from this Mans actions.

7. he was a for real hero - he did what he felt had to be done - he didn't talk about it, he did it. a man's man.

8. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

A tip of the hat and glass to him.

9. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Here is a photo of the american hero!

Attached Files: