Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'll make the shot B4Udo.
35 Posts
Nice job. They r outta control. Everyone needs to do their part. I wish the DOW would realize it and put a bounty on them.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's cool! a Yote with a bow. Did he stop for you or?
I drew my bow back then stopped him . I've seen coyotes almost every time out this year more than any other year. Sometimes up to 5 at a time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
I haven't seen any recently but they were bad through the late winter and spring. I had a den of them on my property before my brother, dog, and I busted them up while rabbit hunting. There were at least 4 different groups of them in my area with at least 4 mature dogs.

On a side note, trapping is the only significant control method according to a couple studies I've read. I wont go into the details of the research but essentially by removing the top dog(s), all the subs vie for position and become much more active, both breeding and hunting.

But if enough people shoot every dog they see the odds are probably in our favor of less new pups making it through to adulthood to replace adults.

·
Searchin for Skees & Eyes
1,483 Posts
I drew my bow back then stopped him . I've seen coyotes almost every time out this year more than any other year. Sometimes up to 5 at a time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Wow, that has to make DEER hunting tough...They showed up twice at my spot 2 years ago- haven't been back since, the male spotted me in the tree and was gone in a flash.

·
Catching and Releasing
205 Posts
i had a pack of yotes carrying on yesterday at 830 in the morning... they were in the valley below me wailing and howling like crazy... due to that it was the first time I have not had dear come by my stand in the morning in over 7 years... gonna have to figure out where they are denning and start killing them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm pretty sure in the last month i've come on 2 of them in the woods at alumn creek. when its pitch black, going through the woods, and you hear a growl, it really gets the adrenaline going. I always carry when out bow hunting, but now i've added a light to my pistol as well. I'm pretty sure there will be a next time, and I want to be able to see him.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am interested in learning to hunt coyotes. Can hunt with shotgun, pistol, bow, crossbow, or rifle. If you would be willing to let me hunt them, send me contact info.

·
O-Z-DOG
390 Posts
I'm pretty sure in the last month i've come on 2 of them in the woods at alumn creek. when its pitch black, going through the woods, and you hear a growl, it really gets the adrenaline going. I always carry when out bow hunting, but now i've added a light to my pistol as well. I'm pretty sure there will be a next time, and I want to be able to see him.
Is it leagle to use your carry weapon to fire on game?

I trapped heavily in the 80's but we really didn't have a lot of yote then. I've shot several but it may be time to come out of retirement as far as trapping goes.

·
O-Z-DOG
390 Posts
coyotes are nuisance species not game.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Actually a varmit, but still I think the ODNR would have a problem with you if you used your carry weapon to fire on any animal while your engaged in deer hunting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts