Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Work Hard, Play Harder"
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going out Sunday- I have a 16 Ft Lund with 30Hp, extended forecast is for calm waters on Sunday, would be perfect. I would be glad to have some company if anyone wants to go-- I havent been on Erie yet this year and need to get some eyes in the freezer-- wil;l be putting in around Catawba-- Let me know if interested- Mo:B

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would love to show you where to go while on your boat, but I already have plans to go out myself. I would suggest that you head a little farther east, specifically at Huron. In that boat it would be perfect to go out of the river 1/2 mile to the west in 26' of water and get your limit very quickly. I know you want to go from Catawba but the mayflies could hurt you close to PC. Just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Go out of Cranberry,took my 16ft last Sunday got 3 man limit abouy 1 mile or less in 25ft flat linning harnesses.Thats my pick for your craft,good luck!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I second Cranberry Creek; it is right on the lake and you will not need to go far. Try within a mile or so and if nothing is working head out just a bit farther. Be sure to check the fishing board as Woody will put out some info about depth, etc. that may help you get started.

I heard thru the grapevine they are still hammering them out in front of the castle with some big fish being caught as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts