close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Parks & Trails.

Discussion in 'ATV's' started by Anth, Aug 12, 2005.

1. What parks or trails have you been to in ohio?
    I never really went far from my house to ride but I always wanted to go to Wayne National Forest down south and Hatfield and MaCoys in WV.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Get your Wayne permit ( you have to have one to ride Wayne) and come down. I ride my Quad there all the time. Great trails that are grommed and marked. For the adverturist there are a few back country trails you can also ride. Many miles of trails to ride.

3. sounds like we need to have a quad outing

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

The Wayne is the nicest place to ride, hands down. Miles and miles of beautiful trails.

We always camp at CampOhio off of rt 595. They have showers and electrical hookups.

5. How do you obtain a permit to ride at Wayne National Forest?Been wanting to go there.Is there a charge for the permit?How long is it good for?

6. Got some questions for ya. Those trails are open to bikes also, aren't they?
    Do they strickly inforce spark arrestors? Are the trials one way traffic? And finally, how far from the Columbus/Newark area are we talking? Lotta questions.......hope you didn't mind.

7. You need an orv sticker. You can get one anywhere you get your license plates. You need your title or bill of sale for your vehicle. They cost about $5:00 and are good for 3 years I think. Mine just expired so I'm not sure of the cost ,I haven't got a new one yet.

8. DaleM

Wayne Permits are $25.00 for the year or $5.00 for a 1 day permit. You can get permits at the Sunoco station in Nelsonville and the Williams camp ground off 595. Also Honda N/W in Cols. has them.Yes you need a 5 year state licenes and a wayne permit to ride.

Hetfielinn-- Stop by our lot and say hello. We have a trailor there at Camp Ohio. Lot 32 I think :confused: Look for my Black Chevy truck w/ the Team OGF plates. WE are there like 2 ort more weekends a month. PM me the next time you go down and I'll try to be there.

An outing there would be a blast!! Scott would be glad to have us there. Nice camping area and a connecting trail to the wayne. If we get serious I'll try to set something up.

Spark arestor are required. From Newark your about an hour or so, This is just South of Logan right before you get to Nelsonville. Yes this is both Bike and ATV trails.

9. This has my wheels turning now. The boy is in Newark and I'm south of Youngstown. Maybe I'll drag the bikes down there and we can get some seat time. How late into the year are you allowed to ride Wayne? has anyone ridden the Marionville trails in Penna? I wonder how they compare. More quad trails there than bike plus you can ride quads on the bike trails so as a result the bike trails have kinda got blown open by all the quad traffic. Bike loop is about 20 miles but many many more for the quads. Alot of fire roads.

10. DaleM

Wayne trails are open until after Deer season. They re-open April, unless there is lots of damage from the winter. We also have a few side trails we ride as well. I've never ridin' marionville, but it does sound inviting.

11. I've been to Wayne, and it is a nice enjoyable ride. If you want something a little more exciting, try coming to Wellsville, OH and riding down at Yellow Creek. It is not as big as wayne, but it is a lot more challenging. I have a camp down there. :C

12. rockbass

rockbass Banned

An ATV outing sounds like it would be fun........I would be all for it!

13. yea me too!!!

14. just recently joined. a very nice site. i like to ride at the hanging rock area in wayne nice trails ang good fishing in some of the many ponds, will be going down in may and june look me up roger