Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ever fish any of the park lakes such as Sharon Woods, Winton Woods, Miami Whitewater? If so do you have any luck there and on what?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've fished Sharon woods quite a few times. You really need to rent a boat to get into some good fish. Ive only targeted bass but I know there is also a good crappie population in there as well. If I'm just trying to catch a lot of fish I use small spinners such as a 1/8 oz beetle spin (black has been most productive for me) or smaller crank baits that have a pretty tight wobble. If I'm going for larger fish I'll use a dark colored worm Texas rigged. it's kind of a tough lake with all the fishing pressure and also people just out having fun on the paddle boats and what not but there are good fish in there. If you can get a cheap fish finder it will lead you to some great structure that you would otherwise never know was there which is your best bet because the banks get hit hard all day every day by every other fisherman. And don't waste your time with any crazy colored lures. Natural colors are the way to go. And remember this time of year the fish are spread out so if you're not getting any bites in one particular spot move around. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts