close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Panfish on "Vibe Es"

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by papaperch, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Last year while up at Pymatuning I noticed a few of the walleye crowd put some nice perch on the ice with 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz vibe es. I have been toying with the idea of using smaller ones thru the ice for crappie and perch. Long time ago I used Heddon Sonars , I had some luck on the 1/4 oz but never the 1/8 oz sonar. Since I do not fish for walleye I got away from the blade baits. They were catching enough perch to make me rethink my stance on blade baits. Any of you vibe e experts ever did any good on purpose with panfish ? The guys at pymatuning were not exactly thrilled that the perch wre keying om them that day.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'm no "expert", but I've tore up crappie on them. A few weeks ago, vibees outfished jig/minnow for us easily 5 to 1.

3. Thanks Shakedown, if you have used one you are more expert than me. Thanks for info.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i caught a few perch ontiny cicadas...like 1/32nd didn't do as good as i would have on a minnow though...anyone know where i can get some sonars? I like them much better than vib e's for eyes in the spring and for bass.

5. Crappies hit the tar outta Vibe-E's. They work great.

6. Have had good luck on crappie with the Vib and nailed perch on Erie last year through the ice. All on the 1/4 oz size. A few bluegil but nothing consistent.

7. I have a mold to make Sonars. I can make as many as you need in 1/4 or 1/2 ounce. I got turned on to Vib E's by the origional builder. They are a good bait but, they have their good and bad points. Most of the time, a 1/4 ounce Sonar will out fish a 1/4 ounce Vib E. It really use to tick him off when I used them in his boat. I sure miss fishing with that ol' guy.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

jerk bait...Bill ebsworthy is still around, isn't he? I read an article in a fishing mag. 2 yrs ago on deep water walleye jigging and he was a contributor/ was in pics. i personally like the sonars much better, out fished a vibee more than once with them. i did find and bought a bunch at kames.

9. I have no clue what your talking about. lol

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Since I tried Vibe-s for the first time a few weeks ago, I like them now. I am wanting to get more, but don't really have the money to just stock up a bunch at a time. Now though with all this talk about them being good for crappie too, I just want to get them even more. Spring time crappie may just be a little more fun with some vibes to throw at them too. I don't know when Jim, but I will be out to get some more!!! :p

11. That must have been an old article. Bill passed away around 6 years ago. His wife sold the business to a friend of Bills. I can't remember his name but I do recall him living up around Port Clinton. Had I known it was going up for sale so soon, I would have been over there knocking on the door.

12. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Just a word of advice (which I need to do myself). I HIGHLY suggest you get a plug knocker if you fish blade baits...they love to hang up, and a $10 knocker can save you that in tackle in one outing easy. I've used em with other guys, and have been draggin my feet to get one myself.

13. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

good advice brandon, any one has fishes vib-e have to invest in a knocker. i myself prefer vib-es over sonars. but within the vib-e collection i also prefer the unpainted versions, they just have a different feel.
    bttmline

14. No doubt Bottomline. The Vibe has a different feel to it. Thats what Bill was after. He wanted a tight wobble to the bait.

Bottomline, on a side note, I'm looking for someone to do some embroidering for an organization that I am president of. Are you set up for it and are you interested?

15. rockbass

rockbass Banned

He can get you set up or sure jerkbait! the OGF work speaks for itself, plus they have done work for us too! Top Notch all the way! Never had any problems!

Tim, I just had to get a little plug in there for ya! :rolleyes:

16. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Anyone have a picture of a Vibe E and a piof a Sonar? I would love to see them.
    Thanks
    Jim

17. Jim

Check your email. File too large to post here. Vib E on left Heddon sonars on right.

18. :confused: [​IMG]

Ok first time to post pic on this site. In case someone else is wondering also.

VIBES ON LEFT HEDDON SONARS ON RIGHT

19. I am going to get some vibe-es and sonars..... what are some of your favorite colors for perch? and also favorite colors for crappie? thanx in advance