close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Panama City Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by space30cowboys, Jul 12, 2007.

1. I'll be heading down there in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to fish? If it was possible to fish from the beach or if should go to a pier? I will not have a boat with me. Thanks!

2. Its been years since I have been there but the fishing off the piers or at the jettys at the state park will be much better than beach fishing. I used to catch some great fish at both locations. If I were you I would go to the big pier, you can catch pompano and whiting in the surf and further out king, spanish mackerel, bonito and a bunch of other fish. I always found that live bait worked the best and the pier is loaded with it. Watch the locals and do what they do. I'd bring some 10-12lb spinning rods and if you got it a heavier one with 20lb for the kings and bonito's. I am pretty sure the pier rents rods so that may be an option for you. You can pay a couple bucks and walk the pier without fishing before you go. Good luck wish it was me!!

3. Thanks for the advice! I will have to scout out the pier one day and see what people are using and see if they rent poles. I have a couple I could probably take but if I can rent them that would save me the hassle of bringing my own. I'll have to post how I do. Thanks again!