Pak Shak

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by snake69, Dec 18, 2007.

1. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

2. Does anyone use one of these? I sat in one at Dick's last year and it seemed like it was cheaply constructed. The idea is great, I was just wondering if it works as well as they claim.

3. the only one I ever seen was on it way to open water on lake Huron with a guy chasing it he lost the race

4. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I don't think it matters what kind/size you buy, they'll all take off in a good wind if not anchored. As many on here can attest to, one day at Mosquito last yr or perhaps in 05', a guy was seen running from a bit south of the cemetery due North towards the Causeway chasing his shack, and it was a full size one if I recall correctly. I watched for a good 5 minutes feeling a bit of pity for the guy. I'm guessing he found a way to anchor it after that day!!!
    As far as the pak shak, I really don't know much about it's quality. For awhile now, I've seen it advertised on In Fisherman and in a few books. Personally, I own a Clam 5600 and love it. Would love to have a one man though, but I want a flip over when I do.