close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paint creek today

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by traphunter, Jun 24, 2004.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Fished there this evening and caught and released around 30 fish of various species. Mostly gills, saugeye, and a couple little cats. I did get a carp finnaly on my secret dough :D I also lost a huge drum while I was pulling it up. I dont know how much it weighed but its the biggest I have ever seen caught. Oh by the way I seen a guy catch five nice flatheads and every single one went on a stringer!! :eek: :mad: We really do need some limits. :mad:
    p.s. I got about 200 shad in my cast net right by the tube, I should be stocked up for the rest of the year. :D

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

oh ya forgot to say I got 2 nice bass earlier in a pond behind my house using the free netbait I got off here. :)

3. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i think i may be fishing paint creek tomorrow. me and my dad like catfishing there, i'll probably have alot more luck now that i got a few pointers off this site. i want to get all the info i can about the lake, so if anyone knows any good places on the lake let me know :D thanks

4. traphunter

traphunter Guest

hey, I was down at the spillway ;)

5. catking

catking Banned

Good deal Trap.That area is nortorious for meat hunters. Nothin wrong with that, but the same ones who keep all the fish they catch down there, are the same ones bitching about no fish to catch in August. Figure that one out :rolleyes: THE CATKING !!!

6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

ya there are alot of them, :rolleyes: Went down again toay water was higher than I like it so we eventually went and fished in the lake by the dam and I got about 40 bluegill and a carp, not to bad I guess,

Oh I did see flathunter down at the tube getting some shad, nice to meet you flathunter. :)

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Same here trap, we got plenty of shad for several trips.

8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

While I was throwing yesterday I got a golden Shiner in my net. The only thing I could figure is that it fell off somones hook when they was using it for bait. I let it go because I didnt know if you could keep them or not. I also caught a Koi out of there 2 years ago on wheaties. And I cant forget the time when a beaver swam right up to the tube, and tried to get my bait. There are some weird things that swim paints waters. :D

9. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i went to paintcreek today and fished. i noticed right by the camprounds there is a big cove that goes back and twards the end its about 2 or 3 foot deep, is that any good for cats? also i went right up past the bridge by rattlesnake creek and caught a couple carp, i also hear it good for nightfishing. i hope to catch some flatheads but havn't had any luck yet. i hear theres a flat by the marina but couldn't find it. :(

10. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Hey we also fished that camp ground cove today, got some bluegill but no cats.

11. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i may have saw you, were you in a pontune? or on the band by the corner?

12. catking

catking Banned

The right time of year, yes, that cove will produce. CATKING

13. traphunter

traphunter Guest

W was fishing a little farther back, we was in the small white boat with the white motor.

14. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

must have just missed ya then at the time there was a pontune and two other boats but we got right back where it about 2 and 3 foot. i figured that would have been a prime spot for cats. also we made the mistake of goin to the right side of the little island right up by the bridge next to rattlesnake creek..we got stuck, is that a good spot?

15. That is a good spot. If you go around the island on the boat ramp side should be ok. The road used to go there, that's what you got stuck on. They had some marker buoys there must have flooded out. Hooked into several nice cats fishing for crappies there can't do a lot with ultralight gear. Also if you go under the bridge up rattlesnake creek there is another small creek that comes into rattlesnake might be worth your while... :)

16. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

ok thanks alot i may try that, we tried by the island, is it good on the road or on the other side of the island? we fished basically on that road, but i don't think they were biting. we will defenately go back, what were you hooking onto the cats with?

17. Monstercat, Hooked them with a crappie minnow fishing about 1-2 ' deep. The creek runs on the boat ramp side of the island. We was actualy fishing from the bank on the road side not really a stream there there is an inlet of sorts.