close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paint creek this weekend.... ??

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Byg, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Byg

Byg

HI
    I am thinking of going to paint creek this fri/sat.. I never have been,so any tips on where to start fishing would be appreciated...:eek: looking for crappie,saug,cats..have a boat just no experience w/the lake.Any camping spot better than the others. Not looking for anyones honeyhole just alittle insight ...Thanks
    Eric

2. the campgrounds at paint creek are nice. hot showers and some spots with shade. the shade spots fill up first . around the campgrounds are some good spots for crappie. the lake is full of catfish. the saugeye i would try the spillway which is a good place to catch crappie and cats as well. good luck. let us know how you do.

3. Byg

Byg

Thanks, I appreciate it...Can you put a boat in below the spilway??

4. no. you cannot put a boat in below the spillway. bank fishing from the wall just below the outflow is a good spot.

5. If it is cloudy, fish near any rock walls that have drop offs. If it is sunny, then you will need to fish deep; preferrably in the channel.

6. Byg

Byg

Any last tips ... leaving in the morning..Oh yea, what bait or lures work for saugeyes?? I was gonna just toss a jig w/pumkinseed twister tail will this work?Dont have alot artificials.
    Thanks