Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Paint Creek camping for the weekend this afternoon. Never been there before. I'm assuming channels can be had about anytime. How about crappie this time of year. Will have the boat. Any hints?

Also, hows the cell coverage there? My daughter is doing on-line school and will probably need some internet access to get her work done tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I haven't been on Paint Creek for a while, I usually go on up to rocky fork. I think it's all slow now. You should still be able to hit some crappies. There's plenty of timber and brush in the water in area and some nice rock ledges. There's good crappie areas around the camp ground. As for cell, I can tell you AT&t is good for me on the lake. I think sprint is spotty....don't know others.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I haven't been there in a while but you should be able to get into some crappie. Watch you electronics. Find the shad and you'll find the crappie.
I have Verizon and cell service is mediocre at best. My friend has AT&T and its a little worse.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was there on tuesday and caught 1 nice crappie 10 ft deep in 12 fow. then broke my trolling motor. I was spider rigging and caught it on a Bobby Garland Slabalicios. I have verizon and can text but can't make calls.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Headed to Paint Creek camping for the weekend this afternoon. Never been there before. I'm assuming channels can be had about anytime. How about crappie this time of year. Will have the boat. Any hints?

Also, hows the cell coverage there? My daughter is doing on-line school and will probably need some internet access to get her work done tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
I was there at the end of july for a week. The crappie fishing was horrible. I have been going to paint creek for the last four summers and every year the crappie fishing gets worse. I was catching some bass around the beach area. And you can always catch some nice catfish without. to much trouble. They were working in the campground on some of the sites
and laying some line. I don't know how long the work is scheduled for. Enjoy, it is a nice state park.

·
Registered
109 Posts
cell reception stinks ! Gotta stand in the # 3 parking slot @ the bike trail lot. Hold the phone with your left hand as high as possible. Around 11pm each night , for bout 30 mins. If the winds not blowin outa the north.

No Really!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts