close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

paint creek on wed.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jeffmo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

went to paint creek on wednesday with my younger brother trying to find the crappie and it was basically a bust.
    a little rain in the morning was an inconvienance but it lifted after an hour or so.we hit every spot that we knew of and then some but just couldn't get into them.the total for the day was 2 small crappie,1 small largemouth,1 smallmouth,and 2 dink saugeye.
    we talked to several other guys on the lake and at the ramp at the end of the day and it was pretty much so the same for them too.
    but this was the 1st time i've been able to get my boat on the water and we had alot of fun with it and i learned alot on running it.alot different from my 14'er with a tiller!!!
    on a different subject,we were up rattlesnake creek and notice alot of limb lines on the submerged trees and found 2 that obviously hadn't been checked.we released 2 catfish and from the looks of how much the lines were twisted up,they had been hooked for a good while.
    all in all we had a great time and the scenery was great with the trees in fall color.

2. catking

catking Banned

That is a very sceneic lake. Around the middle of November, the HUGE slabs are out in force ;) 12" are fairly common. I usually go a couple times then. The really big saugeyes are also hitting good in the lake by then. Good Luck !!............ THE CATKING !!!

3. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Are there a lot of good shore fishing spots on the main lake?