close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paint Creek Monday

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, Jan 11, 2005.

1. After going back and forth on what to do on Monday, I decided to drive over to Paint Creek spillway. I did stop by Lake White to take a look at that spillway but it was blown out with water being released. Surrounding flat areas were flooded in the spillway.
    Then I got to Paint Creek around 12:00 and saw that water was being released fast. Trees along the spillway were flooded and water was fast and muddy. Talked to one angler and he said they just started releasing water that morning. I decided to move along the length of the spillway and hit slower areas along the bank. After three hours, I managed to have one hit that I missed on a jig and twister.
    I do have a couple of questions. Is the saugeye fishing better a few days after the water is released? It would give the fish a chance to get stable again. With darker water, is it better to use bigger and darker jigheads and twisters? Thanks for any info.

2. catking

catking Banned

Smaller jigs and tails always ;) White and chartruse are the best , most of the time. And usually , as long as the water isn't rippin , the saugeye bite well all the time. But the slower the water, the slower the bite . Fish LOVE current. My best days ever at Paint is when the water is almost rippin too fast.........Oh yea, late evening and night is the best, but take a friend......CATKING

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

if the water is real muddy, you might have to use black as that would be the most visible color to the fish.