close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paint Creek Last night

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by roadman, May 30, 2004.

1. Stoped down at Paint Creek last night had to check it out.

The water was up to and in the restrooms at the marina. Looked like about a foot deep in the rest rooms. People were still launching boats in the parking lot or on the roadc to the lot.

Went down by the spill way. The water was roaring out of the tube. The whole area was unfishable.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

This rain has really hurt the spring and summer fishing the last few years..We had 5 inches of rain in one night last week, the average for the month of may is 4.5 for the whole month...When will it ever end????

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Jack, in a word...........NO.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You know it's going to end. I always think I should start a lawn mowing service every spring, grass grows good in the rain :confused:
    Hey, there's no real spring season anymore here, at least not the last several years. I don't think there will be either, the rains have to go into the creeks dur to all the construction everywhere. All the new malls & sub-divisions & parking lots, all that water is displaced. How many square miles of fields & trees are now roofs & lots and lawns? I know down here they put a new ramp off I-75 and developed an area known as Union Central just North of Cincinnati, it was all farms a few years ago, same thing in Northern KY, near Rt 8, tons of acres turned into Krogers & other big stores.
    In fact, many of the new subdivisions have flooding problems now. :eek:
    I brought this up a few years ago, because I was up near Mason ,OH and was amazed at all the new homes, same near Caesar's creek & Spring Valley.

5. catking

catking Banned

After last nights 4-6" of rain, the restrooms at Paint are probably under water now. I've seen it before. CATKING

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

This is unreal how much rain we are getting. I got a nice long weekend and no where to fish at!

Did it really rain 4-6 inches last night?

7. mrfishohio

Don't listen to Catking.....he's been telling his wife 4" is 6" for years !!

8. catking

catking Banned

Depends on where you were fishman. Some places by me got 2" hail or larger :eek: We got about 4" of rain in my gauge, and we were not in the worst part of the storm. It was impressive to sat the least. 80 plus MPH winds also down by Russelville and Georgetown. A tonado touched down 1 mile from my house a couple days ago :eek: Ya trying to get me into trouble JimmyDaCatless???? :p DA KING !!!

9. mrfishohio

I would never get you into trouble, how could I ? You with your big 10.25 !!!! :eek:

10. flathunter

Jim you are cracking me up :D

11. Went by the 753 ramp this afternoon the water was almost to the road back to the ramp!! The kayakers should have plenty of white water when the let her loose!!

12. flathunter

Yea Dave, I wonder if they will have to back it up on purpose anymore this year?

13. catking

catking Banned

I SAID TIME OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's with the Signature Jackson :eek: You are the "Real" CATKING ?????? You're a funny man, and not funny Ha Ha :p :p :p DA KING !!! (10.25 and " 1 " ) OH YEA !!!

14. flathunter

How is this signature Elvis, I changed it????..HA!

15. catking

catking Banned

Much,MUCH better Jackson......... :D ..DA KING !!!