close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paint Creek Lake flood project

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Joe D, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Joe D

Joe D

I have a question. Why is the Corp of engineers still holding back water in Paint Creek lake as well as Deer Creek ? We haven't had rain for several days down here and the lake continues to rise. The Scioto on the real time data for Ohio streams is not near flood stage. I thought maybe some one had some information on this. I know the lakes are used for flood control, but i don't see that as being the case here. I want to fish the lake and the water is almost up in the parking lot. So we went to Rocky Fork to day. One small bass. Lots of boats out on Rocky, very windy. Good Luck...Joe D :confused:

2. FISH NOW!!v These dudes do what the spec says. Nothing more. They read the section and comply.....else they not have bait money!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :D

3. Joe D

Joe D

Thanks for the information. I wasn't thinking of the Ohio. Just the Scioto. I didn't realize the Ohio was that close to flood stage. I can wait.....Good Luck ...Joe D

4. We got the lowdown today. They are backing up water at least 3 times this spring to make white water for kayakers!! No kidding they are haveing white water rescue training (that is what they call it).

There will be 200 or more people parking along the creek along rt50.

Messing up our lake so they can play their extreme sport

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

They did that last year in the fall, just so the Kayakers could have some white water to play with..I say just let them boat it after a heavy rain, dont back it up for no good reason...Messes with my creek fishing downstream when they let it out...Was fishing last fall under normal flow, then all of a sudden the creek came way up on me, and I found out why.