close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PA Daily Limit/Field dressing of fish Q/A

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pymybob, Feb 16, 2005.

1. For those of you going to Presque this weekend, I got in contact with this gentleman from the PA Fish commision regarding the daily limit and field dressing of fish for the upcoming outing to Presque Isle. Since a lot of us will be up there for more than a day, I wanted to know exactly what we could keep. I found his answer form the regulation to be very helpful info.

From Sec. 61.1(c) of Title 58, (PA Fish Regulations)

Regarding Daily Limits:

(c) It is unlawful to take, catch or kill more than 1 day’s limit of any species of fish as specified in the following chart during 1 calendar day. It is unlawful to possess more than 1 day’s limit of any species of fish as specified in the following chart except under the following circumstances:

(1) A person may possess any number of lawfully caught fish at the person’s residence.

(2) A person who is engaged in a fishing trip away from home for 2 or more consecutive calendar days may, while transporting fish from the place where caught to his residence, possess a number of fish equal to no more than two times the daily creel limit for that species of fish. In prosecution for violation of this section, it shall be a rebuttable presumption that a person transporting fish from a fishing site caught all of the fish during 1 calendar day.

Regarding field dressing of fish:

§ 63.15. Field dressing of fish.
    (a) It is unlawful to fillet fish having a minimum size limit or closed season until the fish have arrived at the place of consumption. Fish may be field dressed but the head and tail shall remain intact.

(b) Fish without minimum size limits or closed season may be filleted but the skin shall remain on the fillet until it has arrived at the place of consumption.

Good fishing!

We hunt drunk boaters for a living!

George Geisler

Waterways Conservation Officer and Assistant to the Director

Bureau of Law Enforcement

PA Fish & Boat Commission

e-mail: ggeisler @state.pa.us

Hope this helps some of you out.