close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

P-line Fluoroclear vs. Seaguar Carbon Pro

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by archman, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Now that you guys answered my question about fluorocarbon lines vs. leaders, which one of these would you prefer if you have used both. I will be using it as a leader only.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Seaguar Grand Max is my 1st choice when using a fluoro leader!

Scott

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I like P-Line Flouroclear since its a co-polymer its even stronger

4. I believe that Seagaur is a true flurocarbon throughout while P-Line uses a flurocarbon coating and has a higher visibility factor. The real question is what specie of fish are you using a leader for and also what is the water clarity factor. I use Seagaur exclusively and eliminate any variable regarding conditions. I have found Seagaur to be the most abrasion resistant but less tolerant regarding how the knot is tied. Jim Corey can give you a total technical explanation regarding the various lines.

5. I use fluorocarbon only for steelhead. I've mainly used Seaguar, but I've heard about P-line Fluoroclear a lot and just wondered how it compared.