close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

P.E.T.A. is a joke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iam20fan, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. on fox news today peta spokeperson said peta wants to ban pit bulls. i have many friends with pitbulls and some even had kids around those dogs. to me pits are one of the friendliest dogs. at least to me.all those stupid owners are to blame and not the dogs. i may be getting a brown rednose soon too. like the saying goes"punish the deed and not the breed". peta also compared hunting to dogfighting.that made me mad. all dogs could be mean. its all in the owners. people fight too, so does that mean ban all humans too? i had to get this off my chest. been thinking about it at work all day.

    Jason
     
  2. BigChessie

    BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

    P eople
    E ating
    T asty
    A nimals
     

  3. Being an animal control officer,I would agree with you.I do not like the breed,what a headache.The owners are to blame.But dog fighting is a nasty sport.I have seen the results of dog fighting,it is not good.There are drugs,gambling,child abuse in every case I work on..Here in Georgia it is a felony......
     
  4. Well I for one have always liked pit bulls, but with that being said, I refuse to ever own one. They can not be trusted. You never know what your getting when you get a pit bull. They could have that bad blood bred into them and you never no it untill it's to late. I have two brother in laws that found out the hard way. One had a pit that was a wonderfull dog untill one day out of nowhere it bit his baby girl. My other brother in law had two pits that were wonderful dogs untill one day out of nowhere they attacked and completely gutted his very expensive English Mastiff. These dogs all grew up and played together everyday and never gave any indication of being aggressive in the slightest little bit. I firmly believe with this breed that it is not a matter of if but when and like I said you never know untill it's to late.

    I'm not looking to be bashed here, like I said, I like pits, just not in "my" house!!
     
  5. shwookie

    shwookie fishing from a kayak

    882
    32
    483
    I own 2 rotts that are the sweetest big dumb dogs you could ever meet. They got that way through proper training as puppies though.

    I trust my dogs a lot more than my neighbors bichon frisches. They literally got house trained and then that was it.

    The problem with pitts/rotts is 1% of the owners are responsible, and the other 99% get them for the image they portray.

    With proper training, which should be done with any puppy, these dogs are no different than any other breed.

    Of course, proper breeding is a must as well.