close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oxbow Lake

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TheBiteIsOn, Aug 3, 2008.

1. TheBiteIsOn

TheBiteIsOn TheBiteIsOn

wife and i decided to hit oxbow today just from shore.....landed 13 decent largemouth in the 1-2 lb range and a few gills....was nice to just get out for a bit.... caugt all the bass on a little cleo (blue/silver) not great but wont complain....bad day fishing is better then a good day at work:B

2. Do you fish Oxbow much? I was up at Bryan last week-end and drove thru there on the way home just to look. It looks like a nice little place.

3. TheBiteIsOn

TheBiteIsOn TheBiteIsOn

OXBOW years ago was loaded with pike, but then 15 years ago the state took it over and dredged it and took them all otu, well should i say drained it and left them to die......it is now stocked and managed has largemouth, gills and crappie in it, if you just want to have fun it is a great place to get a tired wrist and arm catching 1-2 lb bass, with an occasional 3-4, have fun and good luck:B

4. do you know if it has a decent boat ramp? thanks for any info

5. they have a very nice ramp and you can have up to a 10hp gas motor on the lake. I would be very cautious on using a motor on that lake. There are ALOT of underwater stumps in there.