Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever fish Oxbow Lagoon on River Rd. across from Squire's Castle? I went there tonight just looking for bluegill and got 1.

It doesn't seem very deep and it appeared to have some carp feeding but I couldn't get them to take anything. Couldn't see them well enough to tell if they were actually carp but seemed to behave like carp.

I did spook 2 somethings near shore as I was trudging back to the truck. I took care to walk softly so I didn't announce my arrival but after an hour I didn't care much on the way back.

Anyone know what's in there or have any luck there?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oxbow Lagoon in Rocky River Reservation just south of Cedar Point Road has some good largemouth. I know because I stocked a bunch of them there the past two years. The Oxbow Lagoon you describe hasn't been stocked, but has some sunfish, crappie and a few bass.

Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
Oxbow Lagoon in Rocky River Reservation just south of Cedar Point Road has some good largemouth. I know because I stocked a bunch of them there the past two years. The Oxbow Lagoon you describe hasn't been stocked, but has some sunfish, crappie and a few bass.

Mike
I use to fish there years ago (20+yrs) and it was a great place for crappie and gills I went there this year to fish just for old-time sake and that place has really turned into a scum hole.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried Oxbow (across from Squires) too with no luck. A bit hard to get around there. I also made many trips to strawberry pond (in same park system) but had zero luck there too. I was mainly throwing lures for bass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts