Outfitting the Starcraft

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Shortdrift, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Went to Cranberry Creek today and met with Woody to decide on the location of all the goodies.:) Boat should be ready late next week. I'll post the finished pictures.
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Mechanic (important person)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mr. Salesman (happy person)

[​IMG]
    Mr. Owner (happier person)

2. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

i like the colors and it looks like one SWEET ride nice boat

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Very nice looking rig Ron!!!

4. Nice looking boat Ron, Hope she's everything you dreamed of!! Lowrance looks like a big screen up there. What model is it??

5. Sweet lookin rig Shortdrift. Some good times and a few walleye ahead!

Good luck with your new rig.

6. =========================================================

It is the 8" screen, not the largest, Lowrance Combo 38HD Sonar/GPS. Also got the Riveria Board Mast and Amish Outfitters Boards. Once I get lessons from you I will be able to limit in a single pass.:D

7. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

CONGRATS!!! Nice rig Ron, you will really enjoy that Starcraft ride, the 38HD is a great unit, the maps are great. Can't wait to see it on the water.

8. really nice looking Ron!!!!

9. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Very nice indeed!

What's the little LCD display to the lower right of the Lowrance?

That 115 shouldn't be too hard on gas either.

10. "What's the little LCD display to the lower right of the Lowrance?"
    ======================================================

That is a readout for the Depth Raider which gives you the speed and temperature at the depth of the downrigger ball. I added it for the salmon fishing on Lake Ontario but feel it should have some value on Erie also.

11. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Nice boat there, O, Short one...! :D

How's the Raider compare to the Fish-hawk...??? When's the Christening and maiden voyage...???

12. I'll bring the sunflower seeds and crawlers with extra dirt.

13. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Don't forget the opened can of soda left out of the holder. :p

At least this year at Turtle Creek, I won't have to ask over the radio which boat is yours... Do you know how many "black Lund's" there were out there that weekend! :D

14. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

I'm checking your bag next time your coming on my boat!!!!

NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS, dirt for crawler I can handle but I have a new worm bucket you'll be sure to be jelous of :p

15. =======================================================

I just looked at various comments on some salmon sites and it seems they are both good units.
    I'll take it out as soon as the ice is gone. Would like to do some deep water jigging befor Turtle.

16. I was out there yesterday while some of the goodies were being installed. What you don't see is the Direct TV, Wii, and WiFi hookups! It is indeed a nice boat. Good luck with it!

17. Nice boat!! It looks just like my next one...:p

18. congrats on the new ride Shortdrift, looks sweet.;)

19. cw261

cw261 Member

I'm looking forward to see if it rides as good as it looks!

Speaking of Joe and Het, you did get the activated charcoal passenger seats , didn't you?

20. I thought about the activated charcoal seats but decided to special order the latest in seat air pollution control. The seats are made with a sizeable hole to which is attached a flexible hose that is run over the transom and the end is submerged. Not only do you maintain the sweet smell of Gulp, live worms or minnows within the confines of the boat, but the submerged flex hose has been known to turn walleye belly up if activated by a truly gifted person. I think that both Het and Joe could limit without wetting a line. :rolleyes::D :D ;)