close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Outdoor traditions

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by recordbreaker, Jan 1, 2005.

1. I think we all have outdoor traditions Mine is rabbit@dove hunting every thanksgiving morning since I was a kid. It would be interesting to hear some other peoples traditions.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

When i was in high school, my dad and I would take a thanksgiving trip pheasant hunting in Iowa...did it for 3 or 4 years. More birds than you could shake a stick at out there :)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Mine is leaving the day after thanksgiving to go Deer hunting. Been doing it for 15 years now. Same guy still go! Just hope we can do it for 15 more.

4. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Rabbit/Pheasant hunting in the morning.:)

5. your kidding right? i can shake a stick at alot of birds! :D

6. I went Bear huntin with a switch but Ive never tried huntin birds with a stick. But Ill try any thing once. Say ya just point the stick at it huh.

7. Nope boys I believe Shakedown is pulling our leg, I just stood under the power line out back for five minutes shaking a stick at a dove and it just looked down at me like I was stupid .Maybe I just need to practice.

8. Crappie fishing every Good Friday @ Berlin Reservoir with my Dad.

9. Smallmouth opener in the Upper Peninsula... Ah, 5 more months!

10. 1.Smallmouth opener in Michigan,Lake Michigamee or Sylvania Wilderness.
    2.First week of June-Kelley's Island campout for walleye.
    3.Last week of September-salmon fishing Manistee River.

11. walker-i'd like to know the next time you go to sylvania-i went there once about 7 yrs. ago

12. I'll be headed up that way come spring for the bass opener.I stay at a cabin in Watersmeet,or if the weather is decent,I'll sometimes camp.Beautiful country up there,can't wait.

13. Every summer dad and I go down to either the Cumberland area or land between the lakes to fish the places dad fished and camped as a kid. Lots of good memories for both of us.

Steve