close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

outboard repair near Columbus

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Basserman, Jun 30, 2007.

1. I have a 71' Johnson 50 that needs help. It doesn't appear have power to the spark plugs. I live in N. Columbus. Does anyone know a good place to to call to have it looked at and fixed?

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'd call knox marine.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

DITTO on knox marine. they do the repairs by appointment,so you don't have to wait forever and ever. prolly your coils or points?

4. Thanks for the suggestion of Knox Marine. The guys there are knowlegable and friendly. The only problem is they only fix motors that date back no later than 82'; mines a 71'. If anyone knows someone who can help me I am willing to drive quit a ways. I'm on a waiting list at Bakers Outboard now but it appear this is a long list. He's a nice guy and just explained this is a busy time of year, no doubt. I've tried just about every suggestion people have given me so I think the problem is out of my league; like a part is bad and I can't diagnose it. Any help would be greatly appreciateld. Thanks:confused:

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

check your pm's.

6. Paul's Marine in Delaware would be a great place to start. They rebuilt my carb. this year. Quoted me 250 and only charged me 180 when I went to pay for it. At least I know now they don't try to bend you over when you get something repaired there. I will be back.

7. Thanks for the reply, I'll have to try them next. The last mech that went over it said everything is fine and he doesn't know why it won't start. Now i have to pay him labor for nothing. Everyone that's looked at it says it seems fine but no one can get it to start. :mad:

Thanks again

8. Paul's doesn't service motors that old, but they were nice and gave me a couple names of people to try.