close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Outboard Rentals?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tvfisherman, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to rent an outboard anywhere? I'm gonna be heading up to Canada in a few weeks and the camp we stay at no longer include motors with the boats. The camp owner is aging and just doesn't want to deal with them anymore. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks gang.

2. I'm not aware of any place in central OH that rents only outboards. The whole idea of this camp owner "no longer wanting to deal with them" sounds fishy to me. Is it too late to recover your deposit?

3. Motors Take one heck of a beating in Canada.....I know, I paid the deductable on a lower unit a couple years ago.

I would be afraid to rent a motor for use in Canada.....there's just too many rocks and reefs up there. Most outfitters lease their motors and only run them 3 years....you wouldn't want to buy one of their motors after 3 years.

Like Net said....I'd look into getting my deposit back,,,,too many lodges/camps up there to deal with taking your own motor.

4. We've been going to this camp for years and the owners are great people. They were looking to sell the camp this year but couldn't find a buyer so they're honoring everyone's deposit. They still have their boats, but the motors got to be too much. And since this is probably the last year we'll get to go up there to this place we really don't want to back out.

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Would that place happen to be on Murry Lake in Ontario?

We take up our own stuff too. It's not totally unheard of. You are better off buying a motor yourself....and good luck with this amount of time left.

Have fun!

6. Actually, its Amogla Camp on Rock Lake (nearest town is Bruce Mines, ONT). They take wonderful care of the cabins and the fishing has always been pretty good. My father in law thinks there is a marina up there we can rent from but I'd feel better knowing before we got up there. Just exploring my options really. And buying may not be a bad option. It would give me a good excuse to buy a boat to attatch to it and my wife couldn't say much then ;) .