close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out of velvet?????

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by BigChessie, Jul 23, 2007.

1. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Just got a call from a reliable source that he saw 5 bucks together in his field. 3 of them were out of velvet and pretty nice sized 8 and 10 pointers. Said that he looked out his window when he saw white moving around the field. Grabbed the bi-nocs and spotted the racks. Has anyone ever heard of deer this soon being out of velvet? :! BC

2. Not likely. Sometimes the sun can play tricks on the eyes. I've seen it before too, where it looks like hard horn but it's not. If it was one, there would be the chance of a hormonal imbalance. However, there's no way there were three of them out of velvet a month or more early.

3. BigChessie

That is pretty close to what I said but he swears up and down they were hard horns. Only thing I figured was that they were all related and all screwed up some how and it was genetics.:confused:

4. I saw a buck along the interstate wall taking a asphalt nap and he was in full velvet. That was yesterday.

5. I agree with what has been posted - too early. I would think it was the angle or the sunlight like Magis mentioned that made it appear to be gone.

Usually it is around first week of September when I see hard racks around my area.

6. What him said. too early

7. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I just seen two whoppers tonight run right in front of me, one was a nice eight, and one a big ten in full velvet. Now i'm pumped, they were coming out of one of my spots.CAN'T WAIT!

8. zipperneck52

zipperneck52 fished with Noah

I saw 3 yesterday off rt 250 btwn tappen and cadiz. all young and in velvet. 1st time i've seen fat racks outside of pics and tv. my son was with me for the trip and he quit counting at 25. they were moving all around harrison cty about 7:30-8 pm. I'M FEELIN ANXIOUS!!:)

9. I saw 2 yesterday in field off of 71 and they both were still in velvet. Seeing them two bucks really gave me the itch to get out in the woods.

Ben

10. Was down at Aep Sat and must have seen 5-6 bucks...all in velvet.

11. This guy is from last week. Still full velvet...

12. Yeah, that is one heck of a buck. Looks like you have a lot to look forward to this season.

Ben

13. I saw a nice ten monday while wading and he was still in full velvet

14. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

mine are still in velvet

[​IMG]

15. BigChessie

Finally 1st confirmed partial hard horn sighting. Won't be long and rubs will be starting to show up.

16. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

the buck i had on cam yesterday was still in full velvet, im beginning to wonder if he's going to ever lose it

17. Did someone say horns?

Hey littleking...remember me?

18. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I saw a dead buck laying in the ditch on the side of the road yesterday. Still in full velvet.