Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only fish Erie a few times a year and plan on going tomorrow. I was going to go out of Clevelend....Edgewater or Wildwood ramps. I don't like going out too far if I don't have to. Any suggestions as to what time of day (morning/day/evening/night) to get them shallow and how shallow would that be? Any suggestions would be helpful. Should I consider going west? Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Gold Coast to rocky river would be my bet. Gonna be spotty so you’ll have to find them.
We’ll be out after work but are heading to deeper water

·
Registered
121 Posts
Always fish along the breakwall between edgewater & 72nd as well... good luck, I would go early or at night. Water might be stained, not sure haven't been out.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,005 Posts
someone caught a 25 incher trolling in 38 fow yesterday. I had a great perch day with another guy 6 or 7 years ago in 48 fow near the crib this time of year. Then on way home last half hour of light until 10pm we trolled in. We flatlined a couple harnesses and a hot n tot in and added 3 walleye up to 24 inches. He has his boat fixed now so we are going to try again soon. He is older so a bit worried about virus issues.
Rickerd

·
Registered
401 Posts
I fished today,9/1 but only 2 hours was trolling. I felt the best marks were between 55-58. 58-66’ was pretty much a ghost town on the fish finder even though I caught my 1 keeper in 66’ on a stinger spoon(bite me) 3 setting 140. Plenty of boats out deeper, but not hearing much good news on the radio. I fished north of Bratenhal.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Fished Lakewood today. Started trolling in skinny water and immediately hooked up on a FO walleye but lost him 2ft from side of boat. From then on it was not stop large sheep head. Ventured out to 30 ft and graph lit up. But all we caught there were small eyes and lots of baby white bass. Went into 20 tried the flicker casting thing. No eyes but had a ball on big sheep head. They were hitting it right below boat and would swim away like a shark. Finally went back in skinny and did get a 20 inch eye. With all that bait size fish in 30ft I think it won’t be long till eyes come back in , in numbers

·
Registered
452 Posts
WE fished deep water today out of E 72nd. Headed into the waves to travel east for a west troll. We started in 74 fow between eastlake and wildwood. We headed WNW with the waves picking up three quick eyes. Then one here or there. I wanted to get to the zone we were in last Tuesday which we did at 3.2 MPH WE were up to 8 when we got there with 3 big fat white bass. white bass. We got to our. spot north of 72/cleveland in 77 fow and pick up eyes here and there. lots of marks but pretty slow. We picked up a 20" steelhead and finished with 14 eyes. Lake started to calm down in the afternoon and it was a pretty nice ride in. Our best producer was dipsey seting at 1-1/2 185' back and 3 setting with 200 and 220 back. the steelhead came on a 0 setting with 110 back on silver / white spoon with black dot (shad look alike). Last Tuesday we limited on SH in this area and picked up 17 nice eyes with 6 or 7 throwbacks (12-17") But today it was a different story. I would have thought with the changing weather they would turn on before it came through but it was a pretty slow pick....but with my two sons it was a great day! Oh- big fish for the day was a 9-1/4 lb cat that we caught on a dipsey setting 3 220' out on an orange spoon. This fish crushed the spoon and fought hard all the way to the boat. We thought it was going to be a big SH but alas I saw the whiskers far off the stern and broke the bad news to the boys.. everything came on orange except the SH....a great day with my boys.

·
Registered
178 Posts
WE fished deep water today out of E 72nd. Headed into the waves to travel east for a west troll. We started in 74 fow between eastlake and wildwood. We headed WNW with the waves picking up three quick eyes. Then one here or there. I wanted to get to the zone we were in last Tuesday which we did at 3.2 MPH WE were up to 8 when we got there with 3 big fat white bass. white bass. We got to our. spot north of 72/cleveland in 77 fow and pick up eyes here and there. lots of marks but pretty slow. We picked up a 20" steelhead and finished with 14 eyes. Lake started to calm down in the afternoon and it was a pretty nice ride in. Our best producer was dipsey seting at 1-1/2 185' back and 3 setting with 200 and 220 back. the steelhead came on a 0 setting with 110 back on silver / white spoon with black dot (shad look alike). Last Tuesday we limited on SH in this area and picked up 17 nice eyes with 6 or 7 throwbacks (12-17") But today it was a different story. I would have thought with the changing weather they would turn on before it came through but it was a pretty slow pick....but with my two sons it was a great day! Oh- big fish for the day was a 9-1/4 lb cat that we caught on a dipsey setting 3 220' out on an orange spoon. This fish crushed the spoon and fought hard all the way to the boat. We thought it was going to be a big SH but alas I saw the whiskers far off the stern and broke the bad news to the boys.. everything came on orange except the SH....a great day with my boys.
Great report,catfish won't win any beauty contest but they're fun to catch

·
Registered
41 Posts
We were out there also. Black starcraft out to 78'. Struggled to get any good marks. Caught 3 nice ones and one SH. All spoons at 2.5-3 mph. Came back into 60' and started getting better marks. I need to get some smooth moves seat posts. Good luck out there

·
Registered
369 Posts
We were out as well. Started is 72 picked a couple moved out to 79 then got a few more. Picked up started to head in then stopped at 62 and picked up an 8 pounder. Pretty much north wildwood. Dipsys 150-200 back more worms for us today. Riggers down 60. Ended with 8 in the box, 3 steelhead, a ton of 6” eyes and some eyes we prolly could have boxed they were around 17”. Tried to stay with the bigger size today. Speed was 2.0 top 2.4 ball heading west.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts