Out East 11-04-08

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by fishinbula, Nov 5, 2008.

1. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

Headed out east yesterday after I got out of work. Couldn't beat the weather and the river was rather empty everyone must of been voting. Got to the river about 430 and decided to head to a deep pool with some fast water at the front of the hole. Got down there and found a family fishing the tail end of the hole so I headed to the front rapids. Water is really getting low and hardly no flow. Fish were running all over the place pushing up river. First cast with a minnow hooked into one and lost it right off the bat. Not a good start. After a few more casts with no takers switched my lead to 4lb test and put on a white sac. Wham it was on landed 2 nice males and lost two. These fish with the warm water got a lot of fight in them if they got the room to run. All the fish I hooked up put on a airshow when they were running thats how I lost the two of them.

Someone do the rain dance the rain we had on Monday night did nothing for the river. The leaves aren't to bad right now which was nice. Just need some rain to get the rivers back up.

Attached Files:

• fish.jpg
      fish.jpg
      File size:
      94.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Sounds like a good day to me! I wish I could have been out on the water during that gorgeous day. That fish is quite a fatty! Nice job.

John

3. fishinbula

Thanks and it was a nice day. Hoping to head back out tonight for a bit. Also that fish was released to fight another day.

4. Nice job Ken. Were you fishing where we talked about the other day?

5. fishinbula

yeap the fish are stacked in those two areas, just no real flow right now

6. nice fish, nice day, don't get much better than that