close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

out board problm

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by dannoll, Jun 5, 2007.

1. I got my 85 hr force winterized last fall now its hard starting when I do get itstared it wont run at about have rpm it run for a wihle soon as back it off it quites hard to star agin. check manual and it said it might air fule leak to check while its running to sqeeze it if its soft replace I did but it dint help. ran fine when I stored it. Was all told might it could have a caluaged fule line its built in tank , how do you check that any help ?? DANNOLL

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

have you checked /replaced the spark plugs? they could be fouled from the fogging oil.

3. Sounds like fouled plugs to me too.

4. I Checked Them First And They Were Fould So Installed New Ones Took It Back Out And They Thing Thank You Dannoll

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

is the gas fresh? i put stabilizer in mine last fall and still had to drain it and put in fresh gas to get it to run right. i then used the old gas in my trailblazer.

6. I put 6 gallons of fresh gas in and ask the mariena if he put sta in and he said it shount hurt it any he said he would look at it in 3 weeks i cant wait that long cant be with out my boat fishing off the bank sucks (dannoll)

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

did you mix old gas with the 6 gallons of fresh? or is it a 6 gal tank and thats all fresh gas your running? the reason i ask is because a few years ago i thought that i could mix fresh gas with oldb bad gas..wrong, all i did was make more bad gas and more to drain out. when i winterize i try to run the tank as low as possiable. then in the spring i'll just drain it dry and start fresh. that way it takes bad gas out of the equasion if i have a problem with the motor running right. stabalizer won't help once the gas has turned bad. by then it's too late.

8. Iput 6 gal new gas in 18 gal tank so it coud be bad gas but i bought boat new in 1986 and all ways did the same way with out any trouble thats 21 years but it could be this time i had 12 gal when i stored it and it had been 2 mounts old if so how do i drain a built in tank its under the floor cant see wher the gas comes out do you have to pump it out like you take out oil in inboard i dont know thanks for all your posts i really app it. ( dannoll)