close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Out again to try some grab bag fishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dcemsmedic2693, May 21, 2007.

1. Me and a buddy are goin out tomorrow around 10. He has not been fishing in so long he did not know that he needed a liscense. Oh well. How has it been lately on Alum? Are they shallow and staying with the steadier rise in temps? We will hopefully fall into some eyes as well. I will report back.

2. Been mixed crappies are all over some shallow others staging 7-10 foot. Hit shallow flats or top of points or drop offs eyes have been busy on those spots lately. So has white bass and largemouth. Have fun:D

3. Hit the lake around 9:30. Tried my normal spot with some success. They did not seem to be hitting as well as a couple of times earlier this year. Moved across the lake to the west side south of 36/37. Hit a cove and nailed the slabs right against the brush. My buddy on the other hand spent most of his day in the brush or tying on more hooks and bobbers. At one point he had three bobbers in the brush and still was trying to tie on a new one. I did catch a nice cat 18-20" in the same spot that I had been catching the slabs. I kept 14 some above 12" most around 10". I probably left about andother 40-50 that were not large enough. Have a good time I will not be able to get out for a few at least.