Our Ohio News

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nightprowler, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

LOL, i was wondering how long it was going to take you to reply to this carl.:D

3. LOL! I was out of the office, just got back and saw it. :D

Nightprowler, don't feel bad... My bosses don't acknowledge the WKYC Outdoors site either, for the most part. It's a daily battle that I'm worn out fighting.

Still doing the stories though. I have a few to post today and I'll be writing and editing a TV story for on-air and the website this weekend.

4. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

we notice it BD--keep posting the stories, i stop by frequently and see whats going on ;)

5. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I check it frequently...

6. It does get noticed guys. I know I've had several good, positive conversations with our webmaster and marketing VP (who both "get it") and they are very happy with the site's traffic.

My issues come with the mid-level newsroom managers who look at WKYC Outdoors as my personal website. It is very difficult to explain how much interest there is out there, and that WKYC Outdoors is actually part of WKYC's programming, and therefore deserves some support and resources... Very rarely, they will actually use an outdoors related story in a newscast, unless I throw a tantrum or bug them to the point of submission.

With all the interesting stories that are out there, it shouldn't be this difficult.

OK... Done whining. I have a few stories to post!

7. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

I just thought it would be a good idea for the small town news from all over Ohio to have a place, here on OGF.

8. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Carl,
    We do notice and are thankful for your efforts. I and other members have e-mailed WKYC to say jut that. Maybe it time for another e-mail blast to them
    Larry

9. Thanks Larry and everyone for the support and positive comments.

There is a big meeting coming up at work this Friday concerning the stations websites... I even have to give a presentation on the outdoors site. I don't think they're going to be real happy with what I have to say.:)

I could go on, but I better save it for the meeting...