Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've never done well there. Honestly I am not sure what is even in there?

I have tried for bass, catfish, etc without much luck. Have caught a few crappie there but all were small.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turtles, Turtles,
Turtles

Live action!

I caught 3 species soft shell, paint, and snapper

The turtle man would pass out from exhaustion. :what:
Carpe Diem

·
Registered
820 Posts
Only caught a few small bass there. I rarely catch anything though. I know there are a lot of huge carp but never had luck with those either. I did talk to a guy there that caught a bass that had teeth marks in it from a musky so I do believe there is at least one in there. I've thrown some musky tackle there before and never had any luck. Another guy said he's caught some decent bullhead cats fishing crawlers on the bottom. I did catch an 8" bass with an 8" lure there though lol he was hungry

·
stripes and smallies
777 Posts
Yes, the one in Westerville. There are alot of small bass in there with a few large ones. They are hard to catch. There are muskie in there.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Stopped by today to look at it since I'm only 2 miles away and saw several HUGE carp. They were about 36" and thick. Gray and white in color, not sure what species.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Pretty sure that's not what it was although those are there too. These did not have any orange color at all and looked different. They were less than 10ft off the overlook and their mouths opened up the size of a baseball. They were gray and silver white colored like a channel cat.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Pretty sure that's not what it was although those are there too. These did not have any orange color at all and looked different. They were less than 10ft off the overlook and their mouths opened up the size of a baseball. They were gray and silver white colored like a channel cat.
Probably Smallmouth Buffalo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts