close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Other hobbies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ohiodanl, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Ohiodanl

Ohiodanl Retired.. enough said

I was just wondering what you guys do for fun other than fishing. I have been painting for years (got sidetracked when liz and nate came he he) And heres some pics, i still paint now and im finishing up a painting for my daughter. The first two are paintings i did for nate and the others are just paintings hanging up around the house.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

I really like the cardinals logo and the penguins logo you did dad, but my all time favorite has to be the picture of the ocean that took you like a year to finish

3. eat sleep fish. but i occasionaly dabble in beer food and single women:D

4. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

The pictures look great to me.all them.and yep the ocean ones my top.any water ones as Lakes and steams.Like to have you make me a logo one as my picture on here is ugly.maybe I gave you idea to start a logo thing here.I have one now that I like redo to make it look differant then it is now as some company used it before.I liked it but want change it a bit to make look as my doings from ground up.not a re touched one others have.well your a good painter.keep it up.by the way my hobbie is fixing up old stuff to be used as it was made for.like old radios and TV s.as I was into electronics over 40 years.plus computers.but theres no one wanting my service thus I got go fishing.like fix up older boats the wooden ones.plus old out boards.fishing reels and rod as the steel ones.plus the solid fiberglass ones.

5. I have too many hobbies, at least the wife says so. I think she's just mad cause she has no hobbies. Besides hunting and fishing, I enjoy racing, derbys, playing music with my buddies, wood working, texas hold em allthough the poker I believe is an addiction rather than a hobby. I play every friday but it's only a $20 tournament and I win it sometimes so I'm not out too much on that!!

By the way, that's some great art work you got there. I used to be into sketch art when I was younger but I havn't done it in years.

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

You mean there are other stuff to do? Gee, I've been wasting my 40 some years just a hunting and fishing LOL. I have no other hobbies. And I wouldn't change a thing. :D

7. Hunting and watching sports..mainly football and baseball.

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i used to ride my sportster about 10,000 miles a year. well, it was more of a lifestyle than a hobby. ride, add some chrome. ride some more, add some more chrome, ride, chrome, ride chrome well you get it. all that came to a screeching hault when i got my erie boat. it's a whole lot different owning an erie boat, than going out with somebode who has an erie boat.:p

9. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I play some Xbox 360, Madden, Gears, Ghost recon and of course Halo. But mainly sports, Baseball and Football. Fishing and sports are not really hobbies to me lol, their life.

10. There are many different things I like to do when I am not hunting or fishing. I am a sports fanatic. I enjoy watching pro and college football, nascar, baseball, and hockey. I am also a history buff and spend alot of time reading various different history books. I also I like to spend my free time playing video games.

Ben

11. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I'm seriously into photography. I take my camera everywhere I go. I shoot about everything. Took 300+ photos at the airshow last weekend, my wife doesn't understand it at all. I love to photograph old cemeterys, buildings, historical sites, or anything interesting. I also collect cameras and photography equipment.

I also never miss Buckeyes football. Go Bucks!

12. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Hobby: Pursuing one's interest(s) for relaxation...

Let me see...Golf, Tennis, Snow Skiing, Corn Hole, Horse Shoes, Table Tennis, Bowling, Darts, Wood Working, Foos Ball, Basketball, Boating, Playing Cards, All Types of Puzzle Solving, OGF Site, Many Outdoor Activities, Photography, People Watching, Watching Good Sports on TV, Anything I Can Compete At.

Obsession: FISHING

13. mountain biking, canoeing, beer 'drankin, picking through junk piles, you know, good 'ol redneck stuff:D

14. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

Ha!! Very True!!

Ridin was my #1 hobby or "lifestyle", until I purchased my erie boat as well. Now I have conflicting interest.:T

In the off season I bowl 2 nights a week...that gets me thru the winter.

Dave

15. Shooting, reloading, restoring/modifying muscle cars. I also enjoy brewing my own beer (as well as drinking it!)

16. Well my screen name might give it away. I do a lot of bowling in the winter.I better like to bowl since I own a bowling pro shop. I also collect pinball machines. I started off with 2 and they have taken over the basement I now have 12 pinball machines and a touchscreen and 2 video games.

17. well lets see anything with the Family, fishing, bowling, rc cars, Dirt Track Racing (the last real racing on this planet) i occassionally watch nascrap, hiking, grillin, cards, 4th of july and blowing things up and thats about it.

18. I started scuba diving in the late 90's. I sold a 16' Starcraft with a 40hp Johnson to buy an underwater video camera and housing. I have shot alot of footage over the years. Sharks and shipwrecks were my passion for a long time. I have a few "creature features" that I'm proud of. My wife and I were diving on an oil rig off of Florida East coast and got caught in what I'll call a huge bait ball. These small 4" fish were so thick that I could not see my wife and I was holding onto her hand!

Lake Erie has thousands of documented shipwrecks and more are being found.
    Rich in history and mystery.

Diving certainly has helped my fishing for the simple reason I have a better understanding of what is actually going on at the end of my line. Now, there are things that I don't believe anymore. For example, I always thought that catfish were strictly bottom feeders. Not true. I've seen them cruise and feed 10' from the surface in 30fow. Perch fishing, I always thought that the tug, tug, tug was a perch biting on my minnow. Sometimes that's probably true. But now I believe that is usually several perch trying to get it off my hook. I always thought that fish stuck together with fish from their own species. Not true. While diving off the East side of Kelly's Island I saw a big ball of fish hovering in one spot. I decided to see how close I could get to them before they spooked. Much to my surprise, I held my hand out in front of me, taking very shallow breathes as to not to scare them with my exhaust bubbles and taking small kicks I was able to swim right up to them. And what happened next threw me for a loop. They would NOT move! They simply opened up a hole for me to swim through. When I got to the other side, they slowly closed ranks again as if nothing ever happened. I'm guessing that the thermocline was more important to them than I was. In that ball of fish there were perch, bluegill, white bass, sheephead, and smallmouth bass. How important is that? It isn't that important I guess, other than to prove how wrong I can be about stuff.

19. Photography, air shows, air show photography, movies on my 7.1 home theater and 55 inch Plasma, Xbox 360 on said system.